Composite Resin Build Ups
Composite Resin Build Ups for Damaged Teeth in Ipswich
Composite resin build ups are an innovative and low cost way to repair chipped teeth and restore their natural look and colour. The procedure is extremely versatile and is most commonly used on the front teeth to vastly improve the way they look. Ipswich Family Dental specialises in building up teeth with composite for patients who want a lighter, more even smile. Contact our team today to discuss your needs.
What are Composite Resin Build Ups?
Composite Resin is tooth-coloured composite. During the procedure, this resin is carefully applied to the chipped teeth to strengthen and improve the structure.
Composite resin build ups are ideal for patients with:
- Chipped and slightly fractured teeth
- Teeth that have been worn out by grinding and ageing
- Misshapen teeth that cause a person’s smile to look irregular
- Severely stained or discoloured teeth that cannot be rectified using traditional whitening techniques.
The Benefits Of Composite Resin Build Ups
Building up teeth with composite resin has the following benefits:
- Significantly enhances the look of cracked and chipped teeth
- Preserves the structure of a weakened tooth and restores function
- Affordable and highly customised procedure that is tailored to suit your precise needs
- Quick and painless cosmetic dental procedure that is minimally invasive and removes a small only a small amount of enamel
Composite Resin Build Up Procedure
One of our dental experts will conduct a thorough assessment to determine the best approach for your needs.
A very small volume of enamel is painlessly removed to create a rough surface for the composite resin to bond with.
Once the surface is prepared, composite resin is meticulously applied in layers and shaped to give you the results you want.
Each layer is carefully cured using a special light which hardens the material to guarantee strength and durability.
The last step is a professional tooth polish which helps the resin blend with the colour of your natural teeth.