Brushing your teeth, teeth cleaning and the proper tools and methods to use, are all imperative when it comes to maintaining healthy oral hygiene. Ipswich Family Dental Practice in Queensland is the dental specialist happy to help you with a refresher course on how to properly brush your teeth.
Did you know that you can always check in with your local dental professionals and make sure that you’re using the right techniques? For everything from mouthwash to a toothbrush, we can let you know where you are going wrong and what you might need to add to your daily, weekly and yearly routine. Remember, it is also very important to get dental checkups at least once every 6-12 months! If you’re unsure pr hesitant about which product or technique to use, feel free to contact the professionals here in Ipswich or Brassall today and we will help to guide you through the best oral hygiene practices.
What Dentists Say About Teeth Cleaning
Dentists occasionally differ on specific products or routines when it comes to teeth cleaning, but the main points and methodology are as follows:
- Brush your teeth twice daily, once in the morning and once at night
- Use a soft-bristled brush that fits into your mouth crevices perfectly, leaving no area unattended
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months or when frayed. Alternatively, invest in a reusable toothbrush or an eco-friendly toothbrush
- Make sure your toothpaste is ethical, hygienic and high quality. If you’re unsure of the brand you use, speak to your dentist
- Brush your teeth at a 45-degree angle
- Brush gently and thoroughly in tooth-wide strokes
- Brush up and down and side to side, or in circles
- Ensure that you brush the outer, inner and chewing surfaces of the teeth
- Clean in between your teeth with dental floss
- Use mouthwash regularly to kill any remaining bacteria in your mouth
- Eat a balanced diet and limit sugary beverages and foods
- See your dentist regularly
Which Dental Specialist Should I Ask?
Ask your local dental specialist about the products you use and how you can better your oral hygiene routine when you are receiving your regular dental checkup. If in doubt, always choose a local dentist that is suitable for the whole family and consider choosing a dentist that also offers emergency dental surgeries and appointments. For consistency, it is important to choose the right dentist so that you can trust the people who regularly assess your oral hygiene.
If it is time for a dental checkup, or you are looking for a new dentist in Queensland, feel free to contact or visit us today at Ipswich Family Dental Practice in Brassall or Ipswich. Alternatively, book an appointment online and we can get started on your dental journey with us.