Dental implants are seen as the best solution when it comes to missing teeth. If you are missing a tooth or you are missing multiple teeth, call the team at Ipswich Family Dental Practice in Queensland, and we will help you to learn more about your cosmetic and rehabilitative dental options.
We pride ourselves on being a local, family-focused dental practice with conveniently located clinics in Ipswich and Brassall. We will take care of you and your oral hygiene journey if you choose us as your local, go-to dental practice. Feel free to give us a call today or read this post for more information on when to consider a dental implant.
What is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants are basically replacement tooth roots, made up of titanium that interface with the bone of the jaw or the skull and supports a dental prosthesis, such as a crown, bridge, denture and facial prosthesis. Sometimes, they act as an orthodontic anchor. The primary purpose of dental implant is to bond with the jaw and provide a secure, long-term solution to restore your chewing ability, improve the appearance of your smile and prevent bone loss in the jaw and mouth. Modern dental implants work through a process called osseointegration. Osseointegration is when healthy bones form a direct interface with a dental implant, ensuring an incredibly strong and long-term connection. This creates the perfect platform for replacement teeth, dentures or other prosthesis.
Do I Need a Dental Implant?
You may need to consider a dental implant, if you have:
- A missing, infected, cracked or damaged tooth
- Missing, infected, cracked or damaged teeth
- An injury from an accident involving your teeth or facial structure
- Sporting injuries involving teeth or facial structure
- Permanent or temporary denture problems
- Required cosmetic improvement desires
If any of these things sound like you and you think you may need to consider a dental implant, feel free to contact the clinic today and we will talk you through your options.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
The benefits of dental implants are as follows:
- They are the closest possible replacement to natural teeth
- They ensure replacement teeth are stable
- They eliminate the pain of ill-fitting partial and full dentures
- They help to maintain the shape of your face
- They remove the need to grind down healthy teeth for a bridge
- They help to preserve the bone in the jaw
- They improve the appearance of your teeth, your comfort, your speech and your self-esteem
- They make it easier to eat
- They are convenient
- They offer protection for your remaining natural teeth.
Book an appointment online at Ipswich Family Dental Practice to learn more about dental implants. Alternatively, call one of our clinics in Queensland in Ipswich or Brassall to learn more about our services in general, emergency and cosmetic dentistry.